Postition: Instructional Media Specialist
Reports to: Director of Educational Media Services
- To mentor on the use of technology and ‘new media’ in the K-8 Catholic elementary classroom by conducting PD sessions that train, teach, and assist faculty on the use/applications of educational technology applications.
- Create support materials specific to agency’s offerings which would include but are not limited to CCSS correlations and lesson plans.
- To provide guidance and support on the use of WiFi technology in the classroom.
- Develop digital promotions to contribute to web and social media sites.
- Manage database of contacts and user utilization profiles.
- Maintain continued knowledge of upcoming trends in the classroom pedagogy specifically as it relates to instructional technology.
- Conduct periodic research assignments to determine relevancy and effectiveness of present services and to help guide in future planning to support emerging instructional needs and environments.
Background and Experience:
- 7+ years as a classroom teacher with experience integrating technology into lesson plans.
- Effective use of vendor-hosted systems, and various instructional technology tools id, Google Apps, Streaming Video Services, Smartboards, etc.
- Knowledge of CCSS and ISTE standards
- A practical knowledge of PC and iOS devices with the ability to troubleshoot typical classroom applications.
- Prior experience training teachers helpful.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all levels of school and Diocesan administration.
- Well-organized, methodical, and strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Advance degree preferred.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.