Reports to: Director of Digital Operations and Head of Creative Services
Description: The Web Developer will be responsible for maintaining the DeSales Media Group’s websites, and collaborating with the Director to launch new sites and redesign or upgrade the current sites.
- Consistently implement stable, efficient code, working within the defined architecture and confirming to WordPress standards. Must have understanding of and commitment to WordPress security best practices.
- Work with design, marketing and TV production teams to create a continuous user experience across web, video, cable TV and mobile entities.
- Ensure uptime and performance standards, including ongoing monitoring of legacy sites and issues.
- Train department web managers to update their respective pages and troubleshoot support issues as needed.
- Manage multiple projects and priorities in an organized way, providing status updates as needed.
- 3-5 years of developing and maintaining WordPress websites.
- Understanding of how plugins work under the hood, and importance of writing clean, organized code.
- Strong fundamental programming skills. Experience of writing PHP code is a must. Applicants with stronger HTML5 /CSS 3 skills will be preferred.
- Knowledge of frameworks like jQuery is required.
- Experience with video publishing and video player integrations (YouTube, third-party platforms) is critical.
- Familiarity with MySQL is preferred.
- Understanding of the administration and maintenance experience of a LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, and PHP) is preferred.
- UI / User Interface and front-end experience.
- Strong time management and communication skills. Ability to coordinate directly with multiple internal clients across multiple locations.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.