Description: Coordinates the collecting and summarizing of key programming, acquisitions and co-production data to ensure original programming assets are put to their best and most efficient use on NET TV. Coordinate the flow of programming information into and out of NET databases to ensure all key stakeholders in the organization have the latest information they need to manage their particular segments of business. Reports to the Director of Production and Programming.
- Extensive research of new programs that will inherently provide the viewer with innovative television, adding to NET’s already established thematic blocks and strategies as per industry norms and specific audience needs.
- Knowledge of uploading content to VOD Verizon Fios Channel, dealings with intimate vendor Clearleap content services.
- Manage incoming flow of digital content into NET programming, as well as distribution of content to outside parties.
- Secure screeners for new potential programs.
- Create presentations for new potential programs and campaign efforts.
- Maintain programming database and physical NET programming library, which contains over 90,000 hours of programming.
- Quality control, entailing maintenance and scanning of programs, upholding NET’s technical grade for broadcast.
- Previewing programming content suitable for NET’s mission in accordance with Catholic teachings.
- Contractually secure high-end, production-grade programming that provides quality output in audio, video and program content.
- Create weekly scheduling, keeping in mind the seasonal and liturgical/seasonal calendar.
- Copy editor for NET schedule to TV GUIDE, The Tablet and Tribune TV services.
- Attentive to Vatican satellite feeds and ISDN circuit for Papal events.
- Assist in the syncing of Vatican/Italian Papal feed for engineering purposes.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors in TV, communications or related field
- 3+ years of cable TV work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft PP, Word, Excel and Final Cut
- Must be a self starter and work well as part of a team
- Must be articulate with good communication skills
- Must work well in a fast paced, unstructured environment with the ability to multi-task and meet critical deadlines
- Knowledge of the Catholic faith a plus
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.