Description: The IT Project Manager will assist and support the Director of Technology to deliver the desired products on time, on target and on budget. This position includes project management responsibilities for one or more complex projects utilizing an agile or waterfall approach. These projects typically utilize vendor participation and require complex schedules and integration with other systems.
The IT Project Manager will oversee plans and schedules for websites/applications/development, and will help identify and implement project management policies and lead multiple small and large web application development projects from conceptualization to launch. The project manager will also perform project leadership functions, including defining the project’s objectives, retrieving scopes of work from business analysts for each phase of the project, overseeing quality control throughout its life cycle, acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members in order to deliver projects according to plan, including back-end operations and hosted servers solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, expert level of business experience and knowledge of project methodology and the application development life-cycle.
- Thorough knowledge of Project Management principles, concepts and practices.
- Thorough knowledge of system development methods and enhancements to existing information systems.
- Thorough knowledge of advanced concepts and basic operating principles of data communications and information systems hardware and software.
- Ability to work in a team environment involving matrix organizations.
- Ability to resolve conflicting high-priority requirements.
- Ability to communicate the needs of others effectively.
- Ability to gather and analyze facts, draw conclusions, define problems, and suggest solutions.
- Ability to conduct training and informational sessions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, build consensus, facilitate working sessions, and negotiate solutions and alternatives.
- Ability to maintain favorable public relations and perform problem/issue resolution.
- A master’s degree in computer science from an accredited college and three years of progressively more responsible, full-time, satisfactory experience using computer technology in computer applications programming or systems programming, computer systems development, web development, database administration, or planning of data processing.
- PMP Certification
- Five years of professional experience equivalent to an IT web master, including hosted servers and vendors management
- Must have managed a project/program from 6 months-2 years in duration that included 5 or more team members.
- A minimum of 1,500 demonstrated and documented hours of coordinating IT software development, Web development or infrastructure projects.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.