Description: The Associate Producer will provide administrative support to the Program Director and will be involved in all stages of production. The Duties will range from writing coverage on scripts, drafting letters, making phone calls, maintaining calendar and meetings, assisting with duties on and off set, liaising between the producer and the post-production team, and helping to prepare publicity materials. The Associate Producer may also be asked to assist with securing clearances for copyright materials and release forms.
- Create and maintain the Director of Programming’s schedule and calendar.
- Maintain relationships with vendors.
- Communicate between departments when program changes or special events arise.
- Arrange staff meetings and prepare meeting minutes or meeting notes.
- Create and maintain organized office filing systems.
- Draft routine memos, billing invoices, documents, reports, and presentations.
- Review and outline scripts or materials.
- Work as a liaison between producers and Program Director.
- Help maintain deadlines between staff and Program Director.
- Evaluate new and existing programming suitability in order to assess the need for changes, using information such as audience surveys and feedback.
- Monitor and review programming in order to ensure that schedules are met, guidelines are adhered to, and performances are of adequate quality.
- Monitor network transmissions for advisories concerning daily program schedules, program content, special feeds, and/or program changes.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in communications, public administration, management or a technical program directly related to broadcast operations
- 5+ years in a comparable position, knowledge of Catholic teachings a plus
- Must have strong planning and organizational abilities, combined with good communication and interpersonal skills, and be efficient in time management.
- Confident and enthusiastic when communicating in person or on the telephone, excellent clerical skills, good work ethic, and strong sense of loyalty and responsibility
- Highly computer literate, with excellent secretarial, typing, word-processing and e-mail abilities
- Script-reading skills, experience with script-writing software, and knowledge of the film industry a plus
- Driver’s license a plus
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.